Currently Recruiting: Veterinarian
Animal Rescue Cambodia (ARC) is a non-profit organization that works tirelessly to end suffering for dogs and cats on the streets of Cambodia.
We are committed to sustainable and long-lasting change in Cambodia, and work closely with local communities. Our approach includes neutering, outreach and education to improve the quality of veterinary care and fighting the dog meat trade. We also run an adoption center, housing up to 30 cats and/or dogs, and a clinic/recovery center of up to 40 cats/dogs at a time. Our ultimate goal is to shape human behavior towards animals, instilling a culture of compassion and creating a safer and happier environment for both animals and humans.
- As ARC’s Veterinarian, you will join a small team of 6-9 employees. We are seeking a veterinarian, who shows compassion towards all animals that enter our center, and is commitment to improve the well-being of each rescued dog and cat.
- In order to improve local veterinary skills and training our Cambodian veterinary trainees, we seek a veterinarian who offers patience, motivation and a friendly attitude.
- We have an experienced British veterinarian on our NGO board, who is always happy to visit and give advice and support.
- 75% of animal intake is related to TNR, 25% come for treatments.
- Finally, as we are a small team, roles may overlap slightly. Our veterinarian is expected to take over partial responsibility of overall Clinic Management.
- Assure smooth running of day-to-day clinic operations
- Supervise veterinary staff, interns, volunteers and cleaning staff
- This includes training, performance-evaluation, schedule-setting, task delegation
- Medical treatments, surgeries and care for cats and dogs at our center and on outreach missions
- Maintain high veterinary and cleanliness standards
- Assure that shelter animals receive proper care
- Foster good community relations and interact with visitors
- Manage animal arrival (intake) and departure (TNR, adoption)
- Maintain shelter protocols and procedures
- Teaching knowledge and skills to Cambodian veterinary trainees and foreign interns
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine, from a university fulfilling international veterinary practice standards
- Sincere compassion towards individual animals and motivation towards the cause
- Clinic/shelter experience of at least 3-5 years
- Excellent ability to prioritize responsibilities, delegate tasks and adjust to a different culture
- Good English proficiency
- Skillful communication with pet owners, visitors and partners
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to work in Cambodia for at least 2 years
- Several years of work experience in a developing country is an advantage but not requirement
- Based in Phnom Penh
- Full time; 44 hours/week (5.5 days per week); no emergency hours
- Paid Cambodian national holidays and annual leave (approx. 35 days per year) and paid sick leave
- Competitive wage according to regional NGO standards in Cambodia
- Starting date: negotiable
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.